Friday, August 21, 2009

Workin on the BALANCE...

So right now Im about 7 weeks out from Kona. The rebound from ironman is not really taking place. All my hard efforts have really taken alot out of me. I actually felt better the first 3-4 weeks after the race than I do now. Im wondering when I will get the spring effect. The nice thing is my efforts under an hour seem to be limitless. But over 5 hours they seem to be flat. Regardless of what happens this weekend Im gonna spread it on come monday morning and just charge the next 6 weeks.

In the past 7 weeks since the race, which by the way still seems like I just did it last month, I have been reconnecting with friends, family and some long lost surfing. The socialization has been great, Ive been making up for lost time I suppose, but keep in mind I have no regets.

The rest of the year is just going to be off the charts! Im approaching Kona as a "C" race. So let me explain. My whole family is coming out to watch me and we will be staying on the island for an entire week. Rather than get caught up in all the hype and BS that goes on race week, Ive decided to make the most of the rare opportunity to have my whole family together on vacation. Shortly after Kona I will be doing the SOMA half ironman in Arizona as more of a "B" race and my middle school best friends first Half Ironman. Then from that point on I will be ramping up the running program to get myself prepared for the Rock n Roll Marathon in December to try and qualify for the Boston marathon. However all these activities/ races will be based around having a good time first and a good finish second. At least thats the way I would like to approach the race... haha I know when I line up for the start it will be game on for sure!

Then to finish off the amazing race season Im treating myself to a trip that Ive been waiting to do for 10 years... Another epic off the charts surf trip. This time its the Caroline Islands, yay-yeah! It will be nothing but 15 days of gettin shacked, exploring, diving and whippin out the skimpy to get ultra bronz-a-fied!

Well the south swell is filling in tomorrow so it will be surf, bike, run, race check and then who knows what...

No comments:

Post a Comment