Sunday, August 9, 2009

Back into the groove

So I kicked off this weekend proper. Saturday I went surfing up in Oceanside with my friend Willem and we scored some pretty fun chest high hollow surf. The Oceanside surf monkey race was going on and I saw one of my training partners (Patrick) running off to carry his relay team to victory before suiting up. Then when stripping down I ran into another training partners wife and her friend biking by. At this point I was thinking to myself "gotta get on the bike!" So I headed home and got the P3 on the road. Todays bike ride wasnt the longest but I sure did push hard. 3.5 hours of pedal smashing for 248W average power. Needless to say when I was going back up torrrey pines hill on the way back to my condo the legs were crying. I did some stretching and foam rolling and ate 2 horses. Haha not actual horses... more like cows in the for of new york strips.

Then Sunday I got up and joined the ranch run for a nice tempo run, not many of the regulars were there... maybe they went biking instead. After the ranch run I jumped in the pool at Solana Beach boys and girls club for Katies signature sunday workout. I felt really weak in the pool but I was hitting 1:23/100m with surprising ease. Toward the end of the swim I was just tweaked. 3700 meters down, one more thing to do. I went and got a biomechanics analysis done by Jessi to try and pin point some of my weaknesses. Wow 90min with her was so eye opening. I think alot of the elite racers are where they are because of the elimination of weakness, not so much the presence of super human strength. Im really looking forward to this week, it should be really action packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment