Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday riding and swimming.

This morning I met up with a few of my good training partners to ride the swamis loop. I was a little out of sorts... I had some great beers and margaritas last night. (Totally worth it!) Our group was chuggin along at a good clip up until Elfin Forest. At that point Kim and I let loose, I tried to really let it all out of the system. Since IM CDA Ive really been able to push some good wattage numbers. When we got to the chicken farm we all went sprinting to the stop sign and this time 715w would get me there first. We regrouped at the church and rolled back to Solana Beach for masters.

Masters was busy today and there were alot of cameras at this one lane in the pool. I figured they were filming a commercial or something. It turns out this guy was on his way to finishing his 101 Kilometer non-stop swim which is a new world record. He finished around 11am, and he had been swimming since 5am the previous morning! For those of you not metricly oriented, that means he swam 62.75 miles IN A POOL!?!

I surfed all afternoon in some playful surf and ate a killer dinner at Las Olas. Great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment