Saturday, July 11, 2009

The beat is on!

So its been about three weeks since IM CDA and I went out with the swamis ride this morning to see if the body can handle some abuse yet. The ride started off pretty good, about 60-70 in the peloton. I was riding in about 4th-6th position most of the start, there were lots of people that were jumping in along the way. Starting up the first hill surge I looked down to see 430 Watts and was able to hold onto the tempo up to the Rancho Santa Fe rd. stoplight. During the longer climb into San Elijo hills there were two guys that went off the front but nobody chased. And they right hander at Elfin Forest rd would bring a pretty hard charge from the front 20 riders, and thats where the intensity would stay thru elfin forest. About 2/3 of the way thru the forest I took a good 2-3 minute pull rotation with one other guy trying to chase down the two sprinters. Just by the time we got to the final straight away we caught them only to have a good sized group sprint by us towards the stop sign. My legs just couldnt go much more, so I would settle for 5th on the first sprint. Regrouping at the church everyone refueled and got into a little chatter. Back on the bike and onto del dios for a few good pulls and another exciting sprint to the stop sign in Rancho Santa Fe, I tried to sneak up on the outside but i was in one gear too low and the lead riders saw me and just went for it, I upshifted and tried to hammer out of the saddle but I was too late, I would settle for 3rd. At this point I was quite happy with the way my legs were responding so I continued to ride hard and lead out for a few more short climbs on the way back to Encinitas. What an awesome feeling knowing that Im recovered and ready to take on the next build phase for Kona. Time to go run and then head to Viggaluchis for dinner to refuel.

No comments:

Post a Comment